A father of two suffered horrific
burns to his face and arms after leaving
a rechargeable battery UNATTENDED
The 30-year-old said it felt like
someone had held a blow torch to his
face during the 4.30am ordeal.
He frantically put out the flames
with a pillow and gathered up his two
young kids and fiancee to get them
out of the house.
Despite repeated warnings in the
media NOT to leave batteries charging
whilst unattended, Kevin SLEPT
with the battery charging on his PILLOW.
A source from the local fire department
“Every year, thousands of house
fires are caused by people leaving battery
chargers unattended. We urge
the public to thoroughly familiarise
themselves with the safety information
surrounding these products, to
always use the correct charger and
NEVER to sleep while their batteries
are charging. This includes mobile
phones, tablet computers, electronic
cigarettes – in fact anything with a
Do YOU think rechargeable batteries
should be BANNED? Click below
to vote in our poll.
So, obviously this is a fake headline but, apart from the comment from the fake fire service “source” (like any “sources” in newspapers are ever real people), the rest of the story is true.
It’s a horrible thing to happen and the poor victim has my deepest sympathies.
Accidents happen all the time. Caused by people, caused by nature, caused by pets, caused by electrical items, caused by CARS, for gods sake, there’s thousands of those kind of accidents EVERY DAY
But none of these things (apart from the major ones) make the news. In fact, if the headline in a newspaper appeared as the one in this post, it would barely make the first few pages of a local paper, let alone a large national paper with a huge readership.
The poor chap that’s the focus of this story has been vilified, abused and criticised online, not only is he having to deal with the injuries, he’s having to deal with an onslaught of vapers hurling crap at him. People are angry that yet another story has come out that will be used by those in power to shape their ill informed decisions and read by the public who are becoming increasingly intolerant of vaping as a result.
I don’t want to get into the in’s and out’s of battery safety or user error or any of that business, it’s happened, what can he and us learn from it?
1 – Don’t leave charging batteries unattended
2 – If you don’t follow number 1 and cause a fire, please don’t sell your story to the papers
Vape safely people!
And thanks to everyone that has read my blog so far, shared it, commented on it and all that jazz. The vaping community is getting despondent, we’ve not lost the fight.
And, even if they think they’ve won, we’ll do it anyway!
Please comment, share, squeal like a pig and give the facebook page a like https://www.facebook.com/thevcrusader/